Friday, June 23, 2006

A Stressful Day

It has been "one of those days". I think the hardest part about adoption is when you get to the "waiting point". Which is basically where we are right now... Wait... Wait.... Wait..... Wait.....

We did have to redo some paper work today, because one of our documents did not have the notary expiration date on it, so we went and had it renotarized. I asked our agent if it would be okay if we just re-did the notarization and had the notary date it the original date so we could just stick the certification and Authentication on top, and she replied "Absolutely".. Well... I called her afterwards and she said... "You need to get it certified and authenticated" (Huh?!!) She went back and looked at my email, and told me that she had misunderstood me..... WELL, the notary that we HAD JUST GONE BACK TO... is commissioned in Decatur which is 30 minutes away, So we went to Huntsville and had it notarized AGAIN. We almost got to the car and I realized that she had signed the document without a middle initial, and the stamp had a middle initial and the certification did not. Guatemala is VERY picky about this. They must have all documents signed exactly how all the names are written. So, we went back. The court house personnel said that if there was a problem then the agency or whoever could just contact them. WELL, I knew better than that. Guatemala was not going to call them, they were going to have our attorney contact our agent to contact me to start the whole darn process over again! So, I went back to work to kick off a process, and then put more gas in my car, and drove back to Decatur to certify the original document. I then FLEW (not literally) to cub scout camp to pick up the stepsons, dropped by a gas station to get a money order, and then went to the bank to overnight the documents to Montgomery. I know... you are getting really bored reading this, but TRUST ME I was not bored! We then went home, and took the youngest to a slumber party, took the oldest one out to eat, and now I am at home relaxing with a Margarita (Or at least pretending to relax)! My husband just bought a dvd of an AC/DC concert, and I was SO AFRAID we were going to have to listen to that... ;) Just kidding baby! I LOVE AC/DC (not... but I will listen to them for you)!

Thanks for letting me vent... Sorry I could't think of anything to entertain you... I do have something brewing in my head, but I will save it for later... Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: