Monday, October 16, 2006

Things You Learn as a Mom

Here are a few things that I have learned in the few short weeks that I have been Mom:
  1. Cheerios are your friend.
  2. How to pick up dirty clothes with my toes.
  3. How to flip a light switch with my tongue ( No, I am not trying to be sexy, it just comes naturally).
  4. Those deep meaningful moments you share are usually followed by brief periods of gas.
  5. Socks belong in your mouth, not on your feet.
  6. When meeting someone, you must first stick your fist in their mouth before they can be trusted.
  7. When you are sleepy, wiggle a lot it makes it easier to go to sleep.
  8. You should make gurgly noises from deep in your throat to show your gratitude for a meal.
  9. Babies bounce, but Mommies don't.
  10. Babies are a blessing no matter how they get here.

4 comments:

Alleen said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

You have come a long way in learning all these things so fast. When I see you with Ana, I remember just how precious you were as a child and cherish the moment.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

"Those deep meaningful moments you share are usually followed by brief periods of gas."

This made me laugh... Because I learned this one too! :)

Anonymous said...

#3 -- Too funny. Can I use an elbow instead? I've actually practiced ringing my doorbell with my nose..

#10 is the sweetest :)