The following update was posted on the Joint Council of International Child Services (JCIS) website. What used to take 4-6 weeks in PGN is now taking 8-12 weeks, and it looks like it is all because the paper work is piled up on old Victor Hugo Barrios' desk! He can't possibly be proud of himself! Wait.... Let me think... He comes home, kisses his wife (yuck!) and she asks him how his day has been, and he says... "Well honey, you would be so proud of me, I have delayed 200 cases today. I have made up some bs about people having misspellings in their paper work, and sent them back through the hoop and crushed a lot of childrens dreams and even broke a few happy homes in the process! Just think! Now we can overcrowd our orphanages with children AND make the first lady happy at the same time!" It just makes me sick! I don't know what Victor Hugo looks like, but I bet the picture above comes pretty close (I mean no offense to you if you are a fat lazy man drinking generic beer with pizza all over your underwear). If I could say one thing to Mr. Barrios and know it would not hurt our case I would tell him to stop sacrificing the children for his political agenda.! Rant over... The JCIS update is below.
July 18, 2006
Embassy in Guatemala is reporting that they are receiving cases in the same timeline, without delays. JCICS has repeatedly brought up the delays at the PGN. The response has been that the Embassy is still under 30 days for their processing of cases, but the new Head of PGN is not signing off on cases as quickly. JCICS has heard antidotally that it is taking on average 8 - 12 weeks for a case leave of PGN, instead of the previous 4 - 6 week average. Any updates we receive will be posted on our website.
No comments:
Post a Comment