Friday, August 18, 2006
The Most Painful Words
The 5 most painful words are: "When is Ana Coming Home?" Simply because the answer is "We don't know." Imagine if your child were in limbo somewhere and everyone kept asking you "When is Johnny coming out of limbo?" and you really wanted him out of limbo RIGHT NOW, but you had to wait on a number of unforeseen events to take place that you had no control over. I feel a pang in my stomach every time I get this question. Partly because I know that most inquirers are sincerely interested, but mostly because I don't have an answer for them and a really wish I did. Believe me, no one wants to know more than we do. We know she will be here at the perfect time, because no matter when it is, just being with her will be perfect. We did get good news from our agent... we are STILL in PGN, with no previos! A previo is basically a "kick out" when your paperwork is kicked out, and you have to correct a spelling error, or add an accent mark, or cross a "t" or dot an "i", and then start the PGN process all over again. So next time you see us, please don't ask us "When is Ana Coming Home?" . We know you care about us. If you really want to make us happy, just buy us a margarita, talk to us about the weather, and tell us that you are praying for us to have a speedy PGN visit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ugh.. I know what you mean. If we only had $1 for every time, the adoption would be paid for!
On a good note, PGN seems to really be picking up speed. Maybe you'll be out in no time!
Post a Comment