Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Thankful Weekend

We had a really busy Thanksgiving so bear with me. I will try to post pictures in chronological order. We started out Thanksgiving day by going to my uncle's house. I apologize that I do not have more pictures of everyone there, but we were to busy eating and talking. Ana did get a chance to play with her cousin Reid. I hate that I didn't get pictures of Dad and Mary Jean and everyone else, but we will be sure to get some Christmas.




Then we drove to Shannon Mississippi and visited Joe's parents and second cousins Nancy and Rick. We also went to see Joe's Grandma in the nursing home while we where there. Ana really loved Granny. She took to her immediately. She doesn't always take to people so quickly. Here are some pictures from Mississippi. Again, we left some people (one person) out of the pictures. Sorry Grand Dad! The first picture is Ana with Nancy and Rick, the following pictures are from our visit to the nursing home to see Joe's Grandma with his mom.





Then, we drove back home to Madison, Alabama. Ana cried half of the way home. We tried to sing Christmas songs to cheer her up, but "Blue Christmas" just made her cry even harder.

The next day we met some old high school friends at the park. The batteries on my camera went dead, so I only have a few pictures. I will post the one of all of the girls once I get one from one of the girls. I do have a picture on Ana, and Elaine my back door neighbor and one of my best friends growing up, and of course me. A picture of all of the kids, and a picture of Elaine's daughter Sidney holding Ana.



Finally, we went to Maw Maw and Papa Hub's house. Here are some pictures of Maw Maw feeding Ana in her Mama's old high chair, Daddy feeding Ana in Mama's old high chair, Ana teaching Papa Hub how to read, Ana and her Aunt Sara the Westie, and Ana, Ana's Mama, and Ana's Mama's Mama!





Now, I am going to take this opportunity to post some pictures of Ana and her Mama! Not to be vain, but I just like looking at pictures of me holding this precious little girl that I have waited so long to hold!







I apologize for my lack of creativity in my writing this time! I thought I had enough to pack in, plus I am ready to get to bed! I have a lot to be thankful for this year! I have my wonderful husband, my beautiful daughter, my step sons, family, friends, let's not forget the dogs! I have a great job that I am going to go back to on Monday. I wish that everyone could be so happy.

7 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

HI,
Where is Madison, AL? I grew up in the south part of Alabama. I am in NM now but all of my family is in Alabama. Ana looks like she had a great day.

Jodi Crubaugh said...

Madison is Northern Alabama, right outside of Huntsville, Home of the Space and Rocket Center.

Anonymous said...

Sis: I so enjoyed ALL the pictures you took and saved in my album (online). The ones I will treasue most are the ones we made of you and Ana playing. I will continue to shoot you & Ana when you are here (with the camera) Ha.
Enjoyed your visit but HOW IN THE WORLD DO ARE YOU ABLE TO DO SO MUCH? Maybe because you are 27 years younger than me...huh?
Love and Blessings
Mom (Always my prayers for you all)

Jodi Crubaugh said...

How do I do so much? Necessity. That is how.

Alleen said...

She is just adorable. Sounds like you had such a nice visit with lots of family.

My mom lived in Huntsville for like 15 years. She managed the Hancock Fabrics in S. Huntsville. She moved back to Florida after retiring about 4 years ago.

Jodi Crubaugh said...

Wow!! Small world!

Dominick's Mommy said...

Love all the pictures. Good luck on returning to work, I know it is going to be hard to leave Ana.
Lynn