Easter snuck up on us this year. We knew that we had to plan a few days of vacation, just to keep the boys from climbing the walls during spring break, so we rented an old house in Mentone Alabama just to be close to nature. About a week before our trip I was Easter basket shopping, and as I was checking out in the Target line, it hit me that we were not going to be home for Easter. "Oh well", I thought, we can make it a fun Easter away from home. The trip to Mentone was okay. There was a lot of screaming in the car on the way up, and I'm not just talking about Ana. ;) The stay in the house was nice. I pretended that life was simple for a while. We hiked, we hunted eggs, we argued, and we made up. Sounds like a typical family to me. Oh yeah, I got the flu bug and puked all of the way home. Here are our pictures.

Daddy teaching Ana to dribble before the trip.

Ana is a fast learner. She is ready for the game!

Ana with a monkey on her back at
Desoto Falls

Ana prevents mommy from jumping.

The guys look kind of lost. What do you think?

Daddy teaches Ana to fence.

Ana reflects on her day.

We bribed them with ice cream to keep them quiet in the car.

Ana and William hanging out on the front porch...

... and on the front porch swing.

Ana on the other front porch swing.

Ana sipping her morning coffee... REALLY!!

Ana and William taking a stroll. It looks like he convinced her to take the monkey off her back.

Ana and Tyler.

I don't know why, but this still makes me nervous,
although I remember riding on my dad's shoulders and everything turned out okay.

Ana drums on Dad's head.

This rock is
really not that high up. ;)

Mom and Ana trail a little behind.

Ana found a pet rock.

They made friends fast (the rock came home with us).

Ana and Mom play by the water.

This rock was higher than the other one.

It started to get cold on the front porch...

... so we wrapped up...

... and snuggled up. :)

Ana enjoyed some more coffee...

... and cooked some wooden apples in the chair.

The apples were "hot".

Ana's Easter basket.

She loves her bunny.

The boys loved their candy.

Ana found the last egg. :)
1 comment:
Love all the pictures. Man, wish I was back there this week instead of work. Staying at that house really did make me feel like Aunt Bea was going to come around the corner any minute, or Barney Fife might pull up outside to chat. Anyway, it's nice to drop over here and remember the hikes and the sunsets during a down minute during the rush day.
Post a Comment