Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Day After!

Boy, does my brain hurt. We had several forms we had to fill out, that our adoption agent did not tell us about until yesterday! So I have been scurrying to get these done. We got home yesterday, and had to get William to school to discuss a trip to Washington DC. He will not be going though, because his Aunt lives there, and it will be a whole lot more relaxing, if he just go with his mom to visit some time. THEN we dropped the boys off at cubscouts, and went to Target. I was totally overwhelmed at Target, because I just realized how many things we need to get. We then got home, I started getting all of the copies of our dossier organized, started looking at USCIS to locate the forms I need to fill out, and opened a bottle of wine to celebrate as the kids did their homework. Got frustrated, and pestered Joe while he was trying to read. Then got silly because of the wine, and practiced carrying the dog in our sling. Got to bed late, I woke-up at about 4:30, decided to take a walk, came home and got to work by 8:00. I had an extremely hard time concentrating at work, but was able to manage. Got home, popped some chicken fingers and tots in the oven for the kids, popped more in for their friends that came over, ate, and then went to church. Came home, started paperwork. One of my life long friends called from Ohio, because she is interviewing for a job at my place of business!! YEAH! got off the phone and continued with paper work.... Sorry for the babble, and I wish I could humor you more, but I am wiped out! I anticipate getting up early again in the morning because of the diet mountain dew I consumed in order to get all of this done! I REALLY wish our agent would have prepared us for the extra paperwork! I still need to go get all of the odds and ends we need to pack with us for Ana. Oh well... It will be done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ana's Mom! What a hassle and too much for a girl to handle by herself. You need to farm out some of these things. However the picture of you and your pal are just wonderful.

Don't you have a Mom who would help you or maybe your spouse?

Your baby is outofthisworld beautiful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jodi Crubaugh said...

The SPOUSE is definately one of the most helpful people in the world!!! Best Husband / Dad ever!