Saturday, November 18, 2006

Can You Do This?

Me neither. I knew our daughter was gifted!

10 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is a gift!! She looks so relaxed doing it. If I ever got in that position somebody would have to cut me out.

Dominick's Mommy said...

That child sure likes to be nude! That's OK, she's beautiful with or without clothes. Love the Santa picture.
Lynn

Dominick's Mommy said...

My mom said that you were posting stuff about babies sleeping through the night and letting them cry it out on the adoption forums. As you probably know from my blog, we went through that whole deal and it worked BEAUTIFULLY. My pediatrician is the one who talked me into it first. He said that there was absolutely no reason a baby this age should need a bottle in the middle of the night and that they HAVE to learn to self sooth and put themselves back to sleep. I just had to keep telling myself that it was for his own good, that he'd be better rested, and that he wouldn't remember any of it the next morning. I was so worried that he'd be mad at me the next morning but he wasn't. I PROMISE if you do it you will be sooooooo gald that you did. I really, really didn't think I could do it but I did. The first night was really hard but that was it. The second night he cried for like 10-17 minutes, and the 3rd night he slept through the night. He still wakes up every night and whines for about 1 minute "Momma" but I do not dare go and get him. I tell myself that he's safe and he's tired and he needs to lay that little head down and go back to sleep.

1-2 weeks after he slept through the night, I started putting him to bed AWAKE and then putting him to bed AWAKE for naps, like all the sleep experts recommend. He actually likes it now, doesn't even cry and lunges towards the crib to get in and play with his Flutter-Bye thing. Hope this helps, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

LOL!! She is pictured naked a lot! We have been staying around the house. Unfortunately, after Thanksgiving, I am going to have to trade in my pj's for my work clothes, and Ana will have to quit running around naked. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Alleen said...

Oh my goodness!! Too stinking cute. I too marvel at the flexibility and can't say I'm not more than a little envious!

Dominick's Mommy said...

I hope my nude comment didn't sound bad. I was totally joking. ALL babies like to be naked for some reason.

Good luck on the sleep thing and good luck on going back to work. Did you find someone to watch Ana in their home or at a daycare? I've only found one good daycare with an opening and I am sooooo dreading leaving Dominick there.

Just remember if Ana cries a lot during the night, she will not remember any of it in the morning. She is just tired and that's why she's crying. Our Dr. said he's never heard of the "cry it out" not working before. Let us know how it goes. Best of luck!!!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that little darling! In my 64 years this is the first time to see a baby sleeping like this. What a doll!
My prayers are with you as I know it is hard not getting enough sleep. Now is the time to try what Lynn says before going back to work. I love the Santa picture so much.
Love & Blessings, Mom

Jodi Crubaugh said...

No offense taken! She might as well parade around the house naked now! It may be a little awkward when she gets older, and her big brothers are over.

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cute! - Lynn B

erinberry said...

What a great pic :) Kids are so flexible!!