Sunday, November 19, 2006

A New Look!

How do you like Ana's new page layout? I was just in the mood to play. I am trying to let Ana cry it out tonight. She just hit round one of tears, and all is well. She went right back to sleep. I expect round two at about 2:00 A.M.

While I have your attention, let me tell you about some of the progress Ana has been making. She now has a vocabulary of about 5 words. Mama, Dadda, Bottle, Dog, and Yellow! Yes, I know, yellow sounds a little out there, but I swear, she said it 3 times. Once when I was playing blocks with her, then when daddy and I were talking, and then one other time. She is still not crawling, but she is pulling herself up on my knees and she is standing pretty well. One night when she was having one of her crying fits, I went in the room, and she had pulled herself up and was sitting up on her own, with no help from mommy. She is eating just about everything. Today we went to Chili's after church, and she had french fries, chicken fingers, corn, and rib meat.

Well, I am off to bed so I can get some sleep before round two. Hopefully daddy will let me sleep tonight. I totally think he and Ana have a conspiracy to rob me of all of my sleep. ;) The picture is an older one, but it is one most of you have not seen. This was taken about a month ago when I stopped by work to visit. It is posted on my company's website.

4 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Great new look!!!

Anonymous said...

Sissy: I am praying for you that Ana will adjust like a dream on the sleep matter. It is a big deal for you as you are tender hearted and love her so BUT she needs what you are doing for both of your sake.
I love your new site and hopefully you will be able to download faster and better.
While I am thinking about it, would you sit down at the computer and write me all the things you do in taking care of Ana each day...like 1. Nap Times 2. How you mix the formula 3. What time you feed her formula and what time for Meals. 4. Put your phone # on the list; Dr. phone # & Address
just things I would need if I were there with her by myself.. It will be better to do it now as when she needs me to come...you won't have time.
Thanks (Sorry long note)
Mom

Alleen said...

Wow - 5 words already!!! And great eating. Gabriella is not seeming close to saying anything and I can't get her to eat anything that isn't pureed or really close. Anything chunky she gags on or spits out. I know it's time to get off just jars of baby food. Tonight I gave her stage 3 chicken and rice. It had some pieces of carrots and stuff. She ate some, but kept gagging and then at the end, threw up some of it. So, I stopped and will have to wait on that I guess.

Jodi Crubaugh said...

I think her vocabulary has shrunk back down to Mama, Dada, and Dog. I hae not heard Yellow and Bottle again. Not sure if she just doesn't want to say them, or if I was imagining that she said them.