Tuesday, January 02, 2007

7 Days Until the Big Celebration!


Ana and I are home today in honor of the passing of President Ford. Technically I am supposed to be working, but since my customer is off, I just walk upstairs occasionally and check my empty work inbox. During one of my trips up the stairs, I happened to come across this add for freeze 24 /7 and decided that I want to look young and beautiful again, or at least look a little less wrinkly around my forehead. Since I am WAY to vain for Botox, I decided to give it a try! It's tough having the most beautiful baby in the world! Although Ana would probably say I am the most beautiful mommy in the world, I am really starting to hate this aging thing! Thank God I have my personality to fall back on! :) Who knows... Maybe I will post a before and after! Just for fun.

7 more days until the big celebration!!! I just remembered we have Cub scouts on that day (bummer)! I can't decide if we will skip cub scouts, or move the party up! Since it is really just going to be Joe, the boys, Ana, and I, it would kind of stink if half of the party was not there! I can't wait to see Ana smash into her cake like Dominick did!

I adopted a cabbage patch doll for Ana's first birthday! I thought she was Hispanic, but it turns out she is African American. I still liked the doll, and she was only slightly darker than the Hispanic doll! I named her Maya Rain. Ever since Joe and I were pregnant the first time, I wanted our baby to have the middle name "Rain" which means "Abundant blessings from above". After our second loss I decided enough is enough, and gave my heart to Ana Cecilia! I totally think naming your child is a personal decision, and as a gift to Ana's first mother we decided to keep Ana's name! Plus I thought it was a beautiful name! So, now I can live vicariously through Ana's doll... Maya Rain! :)


My, I sure am getting gabby aren't I? I am not sure what has gotten into me! I am waiting on my little Angel to wake up so we can go look at book shelves!

6 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Ana has a beautiful name and that was so thoughtful of you to keep it. I am loving the dolls name. Hope the party turns out good.

Kim said...

I also love the doll's name! I say - skip Cub Scouts this one time. Ana only turns one once!!

Jodi Crubaugh said...

I'm with ya on skipping cubscouts! Not to sound like a bad mom, but sometimes I just really hate cubscouts. It seems more and more like a cult every day. No offense to you scouters out there. My brother, and my darling husband were both eagle scouts.

Crystal said...

What a little sleeping beauty you have there!!!--I love that in that picture even though she is sleeping you can still see her LONG LONG LASHES!!! She will pleased to know someday-- woman go to great lengths to achieve that look and hers is all natural!!!-- Is this fair? hee hee!!!!! She is so so beautiful!!!

Crystal said...

ps--I LOVE cabage patch dolls--Can you show us Maya Rain?

HollyGee said...

Gia will be ONE a month after Ana. Don't you just want to stop time??? I do, it is all happening to fast. I'm looking forward to seeing the cake smashing pictures.